Monday 11 March 2013

Matte Me

A couple of weeks ago, I was stalking a friend of a friend via Instagram and noticed her latest purchase was Rimmel Pro Matte Finish Top Coat. I fell in love instantly, and went into town the next day to pick it up!

Everytime I go to Boots or Superdrug to buy anything, I can't help but have a nosey at all of the Barry M bits. I picked up a new pastel colour called Blue Moon.  At the time I thought pairing the two together would look laaaavley, but actually I was disappointed to see that after the matte coat over the pastel colour it was very difficult to actually tell the difference!



I even managed to get away with only one hand with the matte on it and one hand not! Very annoying, but to be honest it could potentially have worked a bit better with more coats of each, but that is something that I will try again in a couple of weeks but with my pastel green instead me thinks.

Last night though in my tired/hungover state, I decided to use my Umberto Giannini in Lady Violetta.  You can probably tell by the name (Violetta) that this should be purple, but it does in fact come out looking suspiciously black! Oh well.



As you can see, it definitely works better with a darker colour.  (Taking my pictures on my phone at my desk, nice!)  For me, the photos do not actually do it justice and like anything looks a hell of a lot better when its in front of you! It gives your nails such a nice finish and almost gives them like a leathery look.  Not only that, but the varnish really stays on your nails and barely chips.

So if you're after something that give's you something a little bit different, then this is the product for it and at only £4.59 definitely worth it too!

8 comments:

  1. The matte topcoat looks amazing over the Lady Violetta!!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of Blue Moon, but WOWZA, the matte looks amazing on the second colour! Nice review, ta for sharing m'dear :)
    Betti xx

    ReplyDelete