Tuesday 20 November 2012

Granolaaa

When I'm at work, I really struggle to think of things to have for my breakfast and lunch that is tasty, filling and healthy at the same time! I tend to eat lots of porridge, weetabix & fruit and yoghurt for my breakfast, but that all get's quite expensive and boring after a while.
I'm a bit addicted to cooking programmes, so on Sunday night when I was putting my poor boyfriend through yet another evening of The Food Network, I came across a festive recipe for some Granola that I just needed to try!!

So firstly you need your ingredients..


Rolled Oats - 350-400g
Flaked Almonds - 170g
Dessicated Coconut - 150g
Mixed Dried Berries (You can use any dried fruit you want)  - 227g
Vegetable Oil - 118ml
Honey - 71ml
Cinnamon - 2 tbsp

Literally all you need to do now is combine all of your ingredients in a bowl.  


If you add the oil first, then when putting the honey in the jug after it should slide right out and not stick (little informative tip for you there!)

You bung all of this on a baking tray and supposed to cook for 40 minutes.  I decided to check on it every 10-15 minutes to mix it all around to make sure all of the oats get an even baking. 

If you like your's crunchy then it should come out looking a little something like this...


It makes quite a lot, so keep it in an air tight container because you will have it for a while.

I have to say, after trying this out this morning with some natural yoghurt, I'm not totally impressed with the fruit that I used.  So I can safely say that it's definitely tasty, but next time I will be using some dried Strawberries and Raspberries!

Enjoy..

Emily x






No comments:

Post a Comment