Wednesday 10 April 2013

Song of the Week #6

After one of my last posts about my lack of inspo, I decided to just leave my blog for a little while. It was actually longer than I thought it would be, but after the break for Easter & my 21st birthday, I am feeling a little bit better so thought I would just carry on where I left off.

I unfortunately decided to start blogging again on a Wednesday, and Wednesday is 'Song of the Week' day. Technically this should be week 7, but y'know, what can you do eh?

Anyways, I don't know if anybody watched In The Flesh (a 3 parter about a zombie rising)? I really really liked it, but what I liked more was the songs on the credits.  The artist is called Keaton Henson and my god he is amazing! I can understand that actually his music isn't to everyone's taste because it would come under a very particular genre. His lyrics are incredibly emotive and tell you a story of mainly his heartache.  On musical side of things, for me, he gets it just right.  The music that accompanies the lyrics tell a story equally as much as the words. Then there is his videos! Jee-zus! I booed my eyes out on one of them! He creates & directs them himself, and I personally think that it would only be the appropriate thing to do because he knows exactly what it is he is trying to get across to his fans.

I have to say I love all of his songs, but the one I am going to show you is probably my favourite! It's called Lying To You. The video is very very simple and stars a girl called Arrow De Wilde, her Mum, Autumn De Wilde, directs this video along with Mr Henson.

I would highly recommend checking out another of his songs called You Don't Know How Lucky You Are here. (Literally shed a few tears every bloody time!)







Follow on Bloglovin
You can now follow my blog via bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. Gosh gosh, that song and video is beautiful! His voice just cuts right through my chest. I am going to check out some other songs now!

    I shall share with you my song of the week =)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_KlmhXI7Go

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back again. This is to tell you that I have listened to LOADS of songs by Keaton tonight, I even bought this album on iTunes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

    Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinne, So glad that you are enjoying him! He is amazing isn't he! xx

      Delete

  3. I like your writing style and I promise to come again. My expertise is in the areas of Rubber Matting-Gym Mats-Stable Mats. I appreciate your efforts.
    womens new in fashion supplier uk

    ReplyDelete