Friday 10 May 2013

Incentive? I think so.

I cannot think of a time that the women in my family were not on some form of diet. When I say diet, I don't actually mean diet diet.  We don't follow a strict plan or anything like that, but we just all try to eat healthily and avoid the 'bad stuff' and maybe treat yourself every now and then to curb your cravings and chocolaty desires.

I went for a meal on Tuesday after the gym to catch up with a couple of my friends and found that the menu, and its new rule to list calories on it, was dictating what I was choosing to eat.  I have found recently that more and more restaurants and food places are beginning to give calories for their meals.  Personally, I see this as a positive thing because, for me at the time, I had just finished a session at the gym and it felt completely contradictory to eat a high calorie meal.

Mother bear sent me over an article from Women's Health Magazine to have a little look at this morning, and it has given me a completely different outlook on what and how you eat!

Click here to see the full article and read into it a little more.  But this is the main idea of the article.


88 minutes of crunches for the sake of a poxy doughnut! I'm not saying that I will forever refrain from going anywhere near a burritto or burger again, cos I will. But it does make you think doesn't it? It must be called junk food for a reason? If you have to do this amount of exercise just to burn it off, to me, it doesn't seem worth eating it all in the first place. However, this is coming from someone who is currently trying to lose weight for a holiday and a wedding in the summer.  But still, I do think that it's something to keep in the back of your mind the next time you pick up a can of fizzy drink, that actually you do not necessarily need, or maybe that last slice of pizza that you feel the need to squeeze in even though you are about to throw up from eating so much already.

I just think that seeing things like this puts the unanswered questions into perspective whether it's something that you believe in or not.

But I know for sure that in future this is something that I will be thinking about when I get my drunken McDonalds on the way home.




Follow on Bloglovin
You can now follow my blog via bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god. I just read this after munching on some malteasers. WHY? Haha...feel so bad now...this is crazy!! Thanks for posting - great motivation!

    Fiona xo
    www.thescarletribbonblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont feel bad...malteasers are goooood! I honestly don't blame you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make myself things easier! Only eat when you are hungry, that's my golden rule and it never fails. :) x

    Fashion Landscape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive eaten a pack of sweet this eve, should i feel bad? quite depressing thinking that we can't enjoy our food. but i know it's all in moderation!very interested, got me thinking. xx
    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete